Electric Fuel's New Marine Lithium Batteries
Electric Fuel, a globally recognized manufacturer of professional batteries, will present its new 12V high energy density lithium-Iron-Phosphate marine battery at the Boot Düsseldorf 2019 Show, which will take place on January 19-27, 2019.
The new ELP-12V1450Wh battery was successfully tested onboard professional river boats and yachts. The impressive results led several skippers to equip their boats with the new battery during the world famous Mini-Transat La Boulangère. The trans-Atlantic race will take place during November 2019.
The new ELP-12V1450Wh offers the following capabilities:
- Up to 3,500 cycles, enabling usage for up to 10 years
- High energy density and power: 90Wh/kg, 6k W continuous power
- Deep discharge capability down to 0% state pf charge, supporting long continuous full discharge
- Internal BMS providing safe and protected operation, monitoring and protection from over-discharge (battery does not drain if electric equipment is not turned off)
- Internal high amperage charge control, enabling "plug & play" lead acid battery bank drop-in replacement
LED state-of-charge indicator with sound alarm
- Remote communication enabling the battery to be monitored from boat computers through CANBus communication protocol and Bluetooth Android and IOS app
- Fast charging - approximately 2 hours to full charge with high amperage marine alternators and generators compatibility
Electric Fuel’s marine batteries have undergone exhaustive laboratory tests and have already been installed onboard various vessels, including river boats, yachts and professional boats.
The new batteries will be available in the European and the US markets in the second quarter of 2019.