Maersk Line Wins SCA Award
Maersk Line wins 'Shipping Line of the Year' title at Supply Chain Asia (SCA) Logistics Awards 2012 in Singapore.
The company was judged best in class among operators in the region – beating other finalists that included APL, Cosco, Hanjin, and Yang Ming.
John Corris, Head of Regional Key Client Management, accepted the trophy from SCA on behalf of Maersk Line Asia Pacific Chief Executive Thomas Knudsen. “It is an honour for Maersk Line to win such an award. It validates our commitment to our clients to be a trusted and responsible partner now and always,” Corris said.
Supply Chain Asia (SCA) used the following criteria in choosing the winner:
• Size and span of network
• Schedule reliability
• IT know-how and systems
• Level of customer service
• Client partnering/track record in understanding and collaborating well with customers
• Launch/upgrade of new products and services on an ongoing basis to match market demand
• Reliability of service and value for money
• Approach to sustainability and other CSR issues
• Approach to security and risk management
SCA is a Singapore-registered non-profit supporting the growth and development of the supply chain and logistics industry. It works with various sectors such as carriers and liners, infrastructure, retailers, government, and others.
In the picture: Maersk Line’s John Corris, Head of Regional Key Client Management, receives the award from Supply Chain Asia.